Start a new topic
Solved

In a (JOIST, BEAM, COL ) DESIGN MODULE when a MATERIAL TYPE is CHANGED

In a (JOIST, BEAM, COL ) DESIGN MODULE when a "MATERIAL TYPE" is CHANGED and a "MANUFACTURER" selected --- The GRADE of MATERIAL does NOT automatically change.....e.g., when Material was changed from "WOOD" - Type "SOUTHERN PINE" - Grade "#2" ::::: To: "STRUCTURAL COMPOSITE" - "BOISE CASCADE" - The Grade still stayed as "#2".    

I've heard of a couple people who have had trouble switching between wood and structural composite material types. I suggest 

1) Uninstall all current versions of StruCalc from your machine

2) Search and delete the file DBEditor.mdb from your machine anywhere it appears

3) Download and install this copy http://www.strucalc.com/wp-content/StruCalc_8_0_113.msi

This appears to fix the issue in most cases. Usually this happens when the database gets out of synch with the version of StruCalc that is installed. I hope this helps if not please submit a ticket and we can have a technician take a closer look at it.

Jim,

Can you confirm that this is no longer happening? We have tested it in the latest version of StruCalc 8.0 and in the latest beta version 9.0.0.7.