Just a few errors/observations for the embedded post module (see file attached):
Yes I have sent this on to our engineering department for review. Should have updates soon.
Here are the answers we received back from engineering. These changes have been made in 220.127.116.11.
1. There was a minor error in the calculation that has been updated
2. StruCalc's original calculations for the column module were set up based on taking the load locations from the top of the column down. Modifying this from its original from the column/embedded post module is not possible. The results using our method of load inputs will obtain the correct results. You can verify if the inputs in your design are correct by clicking the print preview button. The distance is managed in the calculation code to be equivalent with the IBC by subtracting the input location from the total length of the column, thus giving h measured from ground level.
3. The IBC allows you to use the diagonal distance of the post (or footing), which is a much less conservative approach. Since Strucalc is not set up to calculate the lateral loads on the columns in the diagonal direction, we have elected to base the embedded post design on the applicable load direction.
4. This caution has been removed
5. This caution has been removed
6. This information has been added to the printout when a round footing is selected
7. This feature has been added as a checkbox with a note on the printouts.